From: Enrico D'Urso <a-edu...@hotels.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 3:55 PM
To: Lionel Liu <lionel...@apache.org>, "dev@griffin.incubator.apache.org"
<dev@griffin.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Griffin on Docker - modify Hive metastore Uris

Hi Lionel,

Thank you for your email.

Right now, I am testing Spark cluster using the Spark-shell available on your
Docker image. I just wanted to test it before running any ‘measure job’ to
tackle any configuration issue.
I start the shell as follows:
spark-shell --deploy-mode client --master yarn
--packages=org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-aws:2.6.5

I am fetching Hadoop-aws:2.6.5 as 2.6.5 is the Hadoop version that is included
in the Docker image.
So far, so good, then I also set the right Hive metastore URI:
sqlContext.setConf("hive.metastore.uris", metastoreURI)

the problem arises when I try to fetch any table for instance:
sqlContext.sql("Select * from hcom_data_prod_.testtable").take(2)

the table does exist, but I get an error back saying that:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File s3://hcom-xxXXXxx/yyy
/testtable/sentdate=2017-10-13 does not exist.

But it does exist, basically AWS is responding with 404 http message.
I think I would get the same error if I try to run any ‘measure job’, so I
prefer to tackle this earlier.

Are you aware of any S3 endpoint misconfiguration with old version of
Hadoop-aws?

Many thanks,

Enrico