---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: Recent commit breaks gradle builds
To: dev@groovy.apache.org

On 19.09.2016 01:49, John Wagenleitner wrote:

> A recent commit [1] to ClassInfo changed a private field from a Class to
> a WeakReference<Class> (to address memory leaks).  In testing a project
> with the latest snapshot as a dependency, the compileGroovy task fails
> [2] because that field is referenced in an internal Gradle
> class LeakyOnJava7GroovySystemLoader [3].

right... hmm... I think we have to talk with Cedric about that. Unless he
is reading this and wants to answer, we better continue next week after
Java One.

bye Jochen

Ok.

One possible alternative would to be restore the klazz field and store the
weak ref in another, to retain compatibility in 2.4.x.  Something like this
seems to work

https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/427