On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Daniel.Sun <sun...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> > Just so I understand, the intention is to keep @PackageScope with
> > `package` being an alias for when no target is required. Correct?
>
> Yeah, correct :-)
>
> > Come to think of it, I wonder if there should be an `ALL` target?
> I agree with you that the target of @PackageScope should be `ALL`

I am unsure if I made myself clear. I think the default should remain as
CLASS but there could be an additional ALL enum value. Then again we could
just have a PackageScopeTarget[] ALL constant (though we have an
outstanding issue around using constants in annotation attributes we'd have
to check didn't get in the way).

> your vote is ?

I am at least a +0, just pondering the real merit given that it doesn't
really save much work for IDE writers and it won't be more concise for a
range of typical use cases. It doesn't scream a +1 for me but I'll ponder
for a few more days. I'm keen to hear more thoughts.

Cheers, Paul.