Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.5.0-beta-3 release!

There are still a few things we plan to work on before the final release but
we anticipate this will be the last beta for the 2.5.0 release train. So
we'd greatly
appreciate as much testing as possible before we get the first RC ready
shortly.

This release includes 39 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the
changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12341721

Tag:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_5_0_BETA_3
Tag commit id: 1f5ba16e86ebc2ed9146aab13304e316c812a838

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r25155).
Source release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.0-beta-3/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.0-beta-3/distribution

(If building from the source zip, the bootstrapping details changed
recently,
make sure to read the README.adoc file to brush up on the details if
needed.)

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.5.0-beta-3.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval

Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
sha256sum):
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-beta-3
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.5.0-beta-3 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)