My argument was not in relation to the JEP, but a Groovy user story, in
relation to you saying, that I would not see a difference between def and var,
apart from when assigning a value later on.
But assigning a value later on is _exactly_ what I am going to do when I use
var - because otherwise I would use final instead of var...
-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Jochen Theodorou
<blackd...@gmx.org> Datum: 08.03.18  13:32  (GMT+01:00) An:
dev@groovy.apache.org Betreff: Re: About supporting `var` of Java10+

Am 08.03.2018 um 12:45 schrieb mg:
> Maybe I am missing your point, but what I meant was: When I use
>
> var x = new Foo()
>
> I indicate that x will be reassigned further down in the scope,
> otherwise I use
>
> final x = new Foo()

That's what I understood. But the later variant is not part of the JEP.
In Groovy what you wrote is an alias for final Object x = new Foo()

bye Jochen