Am 04.04.2018 um 06:58 schrieb Daniel Sun:
Hi all,

        Paul proposed to enhance import aliasing to an alias with a package
name(see GROOVY-8527[2]), which I think is useful sometimes, so I have
implemented in groovy-parser project[1].

        If no one rejects it, I will sync it to apache/groovy project.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

[1] https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser/tree/refine-import-as
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8527

I am unclear about the use case for this. I mean if you

import java.lang.String as some.package.MyString

you will have to do "new some.package.MyString()". If you are fully qualifying the name, why not use the original name instead.

bye Jochen