Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-2 release!

This release includes 40 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the
changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12342254

Tag:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_3_0_0_ALPHA_2
Tag commit id: c2255f07bff88cfbcecf1dc1d25a6a49c5ff0525

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r26324).
Source release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/3.0.0-alpha-2/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/3.0.0-alpha-2/distribution

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-2.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
sha256sum):
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-2
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-2 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)