*About Static Compilation changes:*

I've used the way it's documented in the official documentation, and I
agree with Cedric, I don't like having a system property. I see more
benefits using the compiler configuration file:

   - Configuration is more fine grained (apply to all, apply to some
   classes, apply to some packages...)
   - All compilation configuration can be found in one place. Having more
   than one place to do this could be error prone, and harder to maintain.
   - System properties are normally used when the process should vary
   depending on the environment. In this case, I'm wondering why I would want
   to compile my code statically in one environment but dynamically in
   another. Maybe there is a case for that, but to me is weird.

*About Daniel response:*

I'm so sad to hear that Daniel. In the past few years I've been hearing
only amazing things coming from your contributions.  Like someone has
mentioned, Groovy 3 wouldn't be the same without you. I really hope you
could reconsider your decision and keep contributing to Groovy.

*About doing commits on master:*

Reading the "Contributing code" section, at groovy-lang.org it seems
everybody should be creating a local branch and to a MR afterwards over the
remote version of that local branch. So  (again, reading the
documentation)  nobody should be adding commits to master directly.

I think merge requests are essential. I'm reading Jochen is saying that
this is not very straight forward with Github. Could anyone please explain
why ? Knowing the pains may help finding the solution.

My two cents
Mario