While I think security is very important to consider, I am unsure whether
the switch is the way to go. Such switches are global in nature and that
means you can't as easily as you might like use different GProperty
instances in different contexts with different security contexts.

Given use of GProperties is totally opt-in, I am wondering if a switch is
needed but I am open to others thoughts on this topic. If a switch is
needed, my suggestion would be different constructors with some boolean
flags to indicate what features are enabled for a particular instance.

Cheers, Paul.