It is what we state in the roadmap (it was originally in the Groovy 3
roadmap but we ran out of time/resources):
http://groovy-lang.org/releasenotes/groovy-4.0.html

But agreed mg, we should make some more noise in user and dev mailing lists
at some point soon - possibly once we have done a little bit more work on
it. I am sure our users will have a bunch of questions and I think for a
few points we don't have a final answer ourselves as to the full
implications.

Cheers, Paul.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>