I plan to roll releases for 6.0.0 (drum roll) and 5.1.3 tomorrow. RC-3
is only just out, so hasn't had much baking time, but I'll take the
optimistic path, and I can re-roll if we find more things during the
voting window.

Cheers, Paul.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 6:43 PM Paul King <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I think the RC-3 will be needed. There are some changes on master that
> I think we would be better to also bring on GROOVY_6_0_X. I'll
> backport and then do another release some time soon.
>
> Cheers, Paul.
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2026 at 7:39 AM Paul King <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I created a 6.0.0-RC-3 version in Jira but the happy path plan is to
> > rename it to 6.0.0 and prepare that for release next week!
> >
> > That lets me get the release out before I am partially out of action
> > for 4 weeks (3 weeks hols then a week at Community over Code).
> >
> > So, changes which look risky might be better to hold off until 6.0.1
> > (probably do on master which is now 7 and backport later).
> >
> > Of course, we shouldn't do release management based on anyone's leave
> > plans, so others can jump in and do the release if needed or I can see
> > what I can squeeze in on my hols.
> >
> > Cheers, Paul.
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 8, 2026 at 6:40 AM Paul King <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I plan to do a 6.0.0-RC-2 release later in the week at which time I'll
> > > create a GROOVY_6_0_X branch which will be for 6 maintenance, and
> > > master will become the 7 snapshot branch.
> > >
> > > On Thu, Sep 3, 2026 at 3:36 PM Paul King <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hi folks,
> > > >
> > > > I plan to prepare 5.1.2 and 6.0.0-RC-1 releases in the next day or
> > > > two. Since there are still pending PRs to review, I don't know the
> > > > exact timing yet - we may not need all of the current PRs.
> > > >
> > > > Cheers, Paul.

Reply via email to