When doing 'hawq init', we will check the segments number and dynamic to
decide some property values, for example 'default_segment_num',
'hawq_rm_nvseg_perquery_perseg_limit'. These properties will be write back
to hawq-site.xml by 'hawq config' command.

Another situation you mentioned is when we doing remove standby master
node, we will remove standby master item from hawq-site.xml.

And anytime you run 'hawq config' to re-define the GUC values,
hawq-site.xml is changed. This command might be used frequently.

Thanks.

Regards,
Radar