Note some L2 tunables may quite depend on NIC driver the virtual machine
(vm) is using.

e.g. for PCI SR-IOV vf or PCI assignment, the NIC in a vm behaves like a
physical NIC,
some L2 tuneables may be set to usual default values, however for some
virtual NIC
implemented as para-virtulization, those tunables (e.g. tx queue len, or
disable/enable
nic offloading technique e.g. gso, tso) with other values probably are
better.