Paul,

That's what I thought until I performed a full build. You will notice the
following error when running calico.pl which is part of each build:

make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/centos/workspace/incubator-hawq/src/backend/catalog/caql'
perl ../../../../src/include/catalog/calico.pl \
    -meta
/home/centos/workspace/incubator-hawq/tools/bin/gppylib/data/2.0.json \
     \
    -filemap caqlfilemap.json \
    -uniqdef uniqdef.json \
    -basedef basedef.json \
    -gperf gperf.init -infiles caql.files > catquery.c.perl
Fatal Error: The required package JSON is not installed -- please download
it from www.cpan.org
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ../../../../src/include/catalog/
calico.pl line 387.

I installed perl-JSON via yum and the calico.pl utility was able to run
successfully.

make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/centos/workspace/incubator-hawq/src/backend/catalog/caql'
perl ../../../../src/include/catalog/calico.pl \
    -meta
/home/centos/workspace/incubator-hawq/tools/bin/gppylib/data/2.0.json \
     \
    -filemap caqlfilemap.json \
    -uniqdef uniqdef.json \
    -basedef basedef.json \
    -gperf gperf.init -infiles caql.files > catquery.c.perl
sed -e 's/^#line [0-9]* "gperf.init"//' catquery.c.perl > catquery.c

-=e

--
*Ed Espino*
*Director, Pivotal Technical Staff*