Hi Lili -

I'm able to run configure on my Mac (Sierra) successfully. It looks like
libxml2 was installed manually at some point into the /opt/local prefix and
PATH updated to search there first instead of using the one in /usr/bin.
Although, it looks like the same version in both places on mine.

checking for xml2-config... /opt/local/bin/xml2-config
checking for libxml - version >= 2.7.6... yes (version 2.9.4)

Hope this helps.

-Kyle

--
*Kyle Dunn | Data Engineering | Pivotal*
Direct: 303.905.3171 <3039053171> | Email: kd...@pivotal.io