Hi all,
Now I have some problems when query Hive using PXF and HCatalog. I create an
AWS agent installing HAWQ and Hive with Ambari. When I try to access table data
in Hive through PXF, I get the error showing as below:

postgres=# select * from hcatalog.default.a;
ERROR:  remote component error (500) from '127.0.0.1:51200':  type  Exception
report   message   Unable to find output format by given class name: null
description   The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.    exception
org.apache.hawq.pxf.api.UnsupportedTypeException: Unable to find output format
by given class name: null (libchurl.c:897)
postgres=# \d+ hcatalog.default.a
ERROR:  remote component error (500) from '127.0.0.1:51200':  type  Exception
report   message   Unable to find output format by given class name: null
description   The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.    exception
org.apache.hawq.pxf.api.UnsupportedTypeException: Unable to find output format
by given class name: null (libchurl.c:897)

But I can get the detail table messages through ‘\d hcatalog.default.*’:
postgres=# \d+ hcatalog.default.*
 PXF Hive Table "default.a"
 Column | Type | Source type
--------+------+-------------
 id     | int4 | int

 PXF Hive Table "default.b"
 Column | Type | Source type
--------+------+-------------
 id     | int4 | int

   PXF Hive Table "default.sales_info"
      Column      |  Type  | Source type
------------------+--------+-------------
 number_of_orders | int4   | int
 total_sales      | float8 | double
 month            | text   | string
 location         | text   | string

The table in Hive is showing below:
$ sudo -u hive hive
Logging initialized using configuration in
file:/etc/hive/2.5.3.0-37/0/hive-log4j.properties
hive> show tables;
OK
sales_info
Time taken: 1.443 seconds, Fetched: 3 row(s)
hive>

And I have tried to access HDFS file data through creating external table in
HAWQ and using PXF. It worked well.
So do you meet this error before and have any ideas to resolve it?

Thanks a lot!

Chunling