IMO ideal would be to somehow duplicate the codepaths - is it
completely impossible to do so? Or could we hack in a flag like
hbase.connpool.by.identity=true -- default to the broken way, and let
users switch to the "new" codepath by toggling the boolean?

Sorry I don't have enough context on the patch to know if the above is
crazy-talk.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon