Hi,

With most of the interface and Client API changes done, it is finally the
time! Previously, I was thinking of cutting the 1.0.0RC on Dec 15th, but I
am waiting on some more testing to be done on my side before that. I think
I can do that in a couple of days, and cut the 1.0.0RC on this Wednesday,
17th of Dec. Given that holidays are coming, I think we should have a
longer 2 week voting period on the release candidate, ending the vote 31st
of Dec.

Let me know what you think. If you feel that there is not enough time to
test the bits, we can think of extending the vote period to Jan as well.

Related to the 1.0.0RC, I have written up some guidelines for the new
branching scheme for post 1.0. It can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cVLxtc9icbtina2hrJCSaHLaZVeg_XfYKXMBaYvI3aA/edit#heading=h.pwj5kzppqac2

We have discussed this in the PMC list, but this is still up for more
reviews.

Just before the 1.0.0RC, I'll create a branch named branch-1.0, and do the
RC from this branch. branch-1 will have a pom version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT, and
will track the 1.1 release. We already have 1.1.0 and 1.0.1 release labels
in jira. So please feel free to mark the jiras with 1.1.0 if it is
committed to branch-1 after branch-1.0 is forked.

Let me know what you think,
Enis