From: Du, Jingcheng <jingcheng...@intel.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 9:55 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Criteria for including MOB feature backport in branch-1

Sorry for the late chime in and thank you all for the discussion.

I agree with Jon's suggestion, to make a new branch for MOB in branch-1.x, and
backport it when it is definitely ready.
I can start to work on that branch after the distributed mob compaction is
finished.

I think the distributed mob compaction is not a blocker. The old mob compaction
can be disabled by configuration, this would not impact the read/write
performance of mob files. Users can count on the TTL cleaner to remove the
expired mob files which is very light weighted.
And I will keep eyes on the UT results, and get ready to fix the coming up
failures. Thanks.

Regards,
Jingcheng