I did some review in the early beginning, but then lost track of the
changes.
but I'd like to give a quick review to the full code once people here are
ok with getting this feature in master (2.0).
(let say we put a deadline for reviews, like 1 week for reviewing the full
stuff after everyone agrees to get this in. just to avoid holding this for
too long, but still enough time to have people that are interested to look
at it. with did the same thing for MOB with a mega patch
https://reviews.apache.org/r/36391/)

most of the code seemed isolated from the beginning, few changes here and
there in the core.
so, this side of things seems ok to me.

maybe some work to add IT tests as mentioned above, but that should not
take long.

I don't know if there are already docs, but that is another thing we may
want to get in with the merge.
a minimal coverage at least on how to use the feature, and maybe calling it
out as experimental?

my main concern were around incremental backups.
I'm still not convinced around the fact that because the WALs contain
regions of multiple tables
the incremental backup will keep around WALs with some data that we don't
really want in the backup (for space or maybe security reason).

then there was the question about for how long should I take incrementals,
before deciding that a fresh full backup is less costly in terms of space.
but I think this incremental merge/compaction was a feature on the roadmap
as Phase3.
which I think is ok to get later on,
maybe just call out a lifecycle example on the docs under "best practices".

has anyone interested in using backups looked at the doc in HBASE-7912?
is the current design of incremental backup acceptable for everyone wanting
to use this feature?
(maybe this should be a question for the @user list and not dev)

is there anyone already using this feature or it is just dev testing it?
to me will be interesting having a use-case/workflow example,
to see if in the real world my concerns about incremental are not showing
up.