The second HBase 1.1.7 release candidate (RC1) is available at git tag
1.1.7RC1 (e7ee6fa) and for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.7RC1/ , and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1154 .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.7RC1/1.1.6_1.1.7RC1_compat_report.html​.
There are no reported binary compatibility issues and one minor source
compatibility issue introduced deliberately as a bug fix as HBASE-16721.

The 29 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/lxHL .

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Friday, October
14, 2016 if we have sufficient votes.

   - Andy

(via Tom White)