The hbase-spark integration tests run (and fail) for me locally whenever I
build master with 'mvn clean install -DskipITs' .

HBaseConnectionCacheSuite:
- all test cases *** FAILED ***
  2 did not equal 1 (HBaseConnectionCacheSuite.scala:92)

Saw it but had to ignore/triage to get something else done.

We have a weird situation where integration tests run when they shouldn't
locally yet no tests run at all for patch process?

I would like to see Spark behave like the other modules. I remember filing
a JIRA asking that hbase-spark honor -DskipITs. It still doesn't.
Meanwhile, it does its own thing with '-DskipSparkTests', which is not
appropriate given that none of the other modules have their own distinct
control parameters. There also doesn't seem to be a distinction between
unit tests and integration tests. The 'test' target does nothing.
Everything happens during the 'integration-test' phase. Is this a Spark
limitation?

   - Andy

(via Tom White)