I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.8 (HBase-1.1
.8RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.8RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1160

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory https://people.apache.org/
keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS file http://www-us.apache.org/
dist/hbase/KEYS.

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=b624b4665fa56779d41abfd9270a222b527d0f6f

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.7 has been
published for your review, at
https://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.7_1.1.8RC0_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.8 is the eighth patch release in the HBase 1.1 line, continuing
on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and
NoSQL communities. This release includes over 30 bug fixes since the 1.1.7
release. Notable correctness fixes
include HBASE-16931, HBASE-16960, HBASE-17044, HBASE-17206, HBASE-16886,
and HBASE-17023.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12338341
and
and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Friday, 2016-12-16 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
1.1.8.

Thanks,
Nick