I was more on the thinking to avoid/reduce pulling in hbase dependencies
into hbase-spark, and that maybe even hbase-spark can depend on shaded
client and server -- it will be easier and more feasible if the shaded
client becomes the default as you mentioned.

Your idea that hbase-spark itself becomes a shaded artifact sounds better
if I understand you correctly. The spark/scala dependencies are 'provided'
already.

Jerry