Hi,

As one of my first task with HBase I started to look into
why IntegrationTestRegionReplicaReplication fails. I would like to get some
suggestions from you.

I noticed when I run the test using normal cluster or minicluster I get the
same error messages: "Error checking data for key [null], no data
returned". I looked into the code and here are my conclusions.

There are multiple threads writing data parallel which are read by multiple
reader threads simultaneously. Each writer gets a portion of the keys to
write (e.g. 0-2000) and these keys are added to a ConstantDelayQueue.
The reader threads get the elements (e.g. key=1000) from the queue and
these reader threads assume that all the keys up to this are already in the
database. Since we're using multiple writers it can happen that another
thread has not yet written key=500 and verifying these keys will cause the
test failure.

Do you think my assumption is correct?

Thanks,
Peter