The first HBase 1.4.2 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.2RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1195/ .

The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '1.4.2RC0' (9519ec2ead).

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available for your review at https://dist.apache.org/repos/
dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.2RC0/compat-check-report.html .

A list of the 19 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/aGcb .

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1.

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try
to close it Friday February 23, 2018 if we have sufficient votes.

Prior to making this announcement I made the following preflight checks:

   - RAT check passes (7u80)
   - Unit test suite passes (8u131)
   - LTT load 1M rows with 100% verification and 20% updates (8u131)
   - PE sequentialWrite, sequentialRead, randomWrite, randomRead,
   scanRange100 (8u131)
   - ITBLL Loop 1 100M rows (8u131)

Andrew