On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 10:32 AM, Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org> wrote:
> Is branch-2 open again now? Sorry if I missed the all-clear but I
> could not find it.
I hadn't sent one.
Was nervous watching my nightlies:
Let me open it again.
Please ping me before committing on branch-2. Trying to keep the ship
Thanks for your patience,
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> > Short Version: Please hold on making commits to branch-2. I am in the
> > process of cutting a hbase-2.0.0-beta-2 release candidate. It make take
> > a day or so.
> > Long Version:
> > A miracle happened last night. Our nightly for branch-2 passed . This
> > means all unit tests ran against hadoop2 and then subsequently, all unit
> > tests ran against hadoop3. It had been threatening for a while. A few
> > recent builds passed all unit tests only to fail on a few findbugs
> > Given this momentous event and that there are over 200 fixes since
> > it is time to push out a beta-2.
> > Originally beta-2 was supposed to be about making sure we could do a
> > rolling upgrade from branch-1 to branch-2. This was its theme. The work
> > not been done. Also, a bunch of work is still to be done around testing,
> > compatibility checking, and performance. Perhaps folks are waiting on the
> > 2.0.0 release candidate before they dig in (smile)?
> > I'll give the all clear once I've cut my release. Thank you for your
> > patience.
> > St.Ack
> > 1. See build #415 here
> > https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase%20Nightly/job/branch-2/