On 5/31/18 3:57 PM, Sean Busbey wrote:
On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:56 PM, Josh Elser <els...@apache.org> wrote:

On 5/24/18 11:16 AM, Sean Busbey wrote:

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 9:41 AM, Mike Drob<md...@apache.org>  wrote:

Are the two issues (HBASE-20615 and HBASE-19735) conflicting, redundant,
or
orthogonal?

I think they're orthogonal, at least as they stand. I think the fact
that HBASE-19735 doesn't e.g. remove the shell from the main tarball
is a good way to illustrate that inclusion in one doesn't obviate the
possibility of inclusion in the other.

That said, if HBASE-19735 lands then we could adapt the testing I'm
getting in place as a part of HBASE-20331 to check that the generated
artifact works as expected. If both landed then I'd probably want to
test both using the same test.

If it makes sense to consolidate, I'd be happy to try to support that too.

We don't have any outstanding shaded jar issues, do we? I haven't made the
time to circle back around and do more testing.

there are some under the umbrella HBASE-20331

4/5 in patch available? Let me add these to my queue to review :)