Putting dev@ to bcc.

Which hbase-spark connector are you using ?
What's the hbase release in your deployment ?

bq. some of the columns in dataframe becomes null

Is it possible to characterize what type of columns become null ? Earlier
you said one column has xml data. Did you mean this column from some rows
returned null ?

Have you checked region server logs where the corresponding regions reside ?

Thanks