What is the main reason for the change? Build time speedup?

Any reason for testing all of the 2.6.x line, but not the 2.7.x line? We
don't check at all for 2.8.x?

Can we be more consistent with how we test compatibility? (Do we only care
about the latest patch release in a line?)

Sorry If I'm missing some of the reasoning, but at a surface level it seems
fairly arbitrary which releases we are cutting.