Oh, when backporting to branch-2, I found that there is a serious problem
with this release.

We do not include the proto files in protobuf-java jar, I think this is a
side effect of HBASE-26496.

And on the master branch, hbase-shaded-protobuf also pulls in protobuf-java
3.19.1 dependency so everything is fine. But for branch-2, we will need to
depend on protobuf 2.5.0 then the compilation is broken.

Anyway, we should include the proto files in hbase-shaded-protobuf,  and
also we should not pull in the original protobuf-java dependency.

Let me fix this and do a 4.0.1 release.

张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com> 于2021年12月10日周五 13:41写道: