Hey all,

I reviewed the entirety of the backport PR. It's almost all net-new code,
which matches identically with what was already reviewed and approved in
the original implementation. There are some minor changes to
HFileOutputFormat2 and WALPlayer (and related tests).

Of the changes to those 2 files, there was only 1 incompatible change -- a
change to the directory structure of the output path for
HFileOutputFormat2. This change is necessary to differentiate output files
for tables in different namespaces. However, in discussing with Mallikarjun
we are going to wrap this change in a config to preserve backwards
compatibility. In addition to use by backup/restore, the config would
provide users of HFileOutputFormat2 to have a path towards upgrading to 3.0
in the future without breaking their downstream jobs which depend on the
current structure.

Let me know if there are any other concerns. Otherwise once the
compatibility fix is in place and I give it a final review, I will merge it
to branch-2 (with a release note that it is experimental) and update our
refguide.