Hey team,

I executed the below change in a unilateral manner that was not
appropriate. This was a mistake on my part. However, I thought the change I
pushed would be less disruptive than it turned out to be.

My intention was to fill a gap in workflow that has long bothered me. I
find it annoying that I subscribe to a Jira issue as a watcher but then
don’t find out when a PR is opened for that issue. I inquired with infra
about this, and they pointed me toward this feature of the .asf.yaml. Only
after I enabled it did I realize the mistake. With the current setting,
every comment on a PR associated with a Jira is repeated into that Jira. I
believe that this is the behavior that Hadoop uses, which I personally find
to be not useful.

So, do folks here have a preference about this notification setting? Should
I continue pursuit of a more limited version of this comment feature that I
initially desired? Or do folks here prefer the more verbose version that is
enabled now?

Thanks for your time,
Nick