I’m a fan of moving forward and accelerating our cadence of adoption, if
that’s possible. Much of our performance-critical code relies on features
deprecated after JDK8. We need to see if those use-cases are adequately
supported by JDK17 or some later version.

For the curious, we hide those use cases in the hbase-thirdparty repo, in
the hbase-unsafe module.

Thanks,
Nick