On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 08:26 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Over in Log4J-land, we've discussed [1] the use of the final keyword for
> locals and parameters.
>
> In brief [1]: The final keyword in trunk: sometimes it is used, sometimes
> not. I propose we use it all over consistently.
>
> [1] http://apache-logging.6191.n7.nabble.com/v2-final-keyword-td17452.html

I tend to use final modifier for method parameters a lot (an old habit
that goes back to my Delphi programming days ;)). If it is done for
local variables (as long as it is done consistently and enforced with
the style check plugin) I would be in favor it. I would not bother with
one time exercise, though.

Oleg