Am 2015-11-20 um 20:57 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
I also can well imagine SSL related components being in a separate
namespace like 'org.apache.hc.core5.ssl'

That would be ok.

At the end, you propose:

HC Core: org.apache.hc.http.core5
HC Client: org.apache.hc.http.client5
HC Async Cilent: org.apache.hc.http.asyncclient5

Is that right?

Almost.

HC Core: org.apache.hc.core5 (including org.apache.hc.core5.http,
org.apache.hc.core5.ssl, etc)

Very good.

HC Client: org.apache.hc.client5 (including org.apache.hc.client5.http)

Very good.

HC Async Client: I was going to propose it be merged into HC client, but
this is a subject to another discussion.

If it doesn't have a huge impact on size, this is fine.

Michael