Am 2015-11-25 um 17:36 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
Folks

I made the first pass at re-arranging packages in HttpCore trunk and
think it is presently good enough for 5.0-alpha1

Please feel free to take a look.

Just checked. Looks like a tremendous move action. I will require a day or two to have a look at it. At first glance, it looks good.

I am now going to change artifact id from

org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore

org.apache.httpcomponents.core5:httpcore

Please let me know if you have objections or better ideas.

The group id is good. I think we can do better with the artifact id(s).

httpcomponents-core-parent or even simpler httpcore-parent (a parent should always be named as such)
|- httpcore
|- httpcore-ab
|- httpcore-osgi

We should always keep in mind that the artifact should be recognizable by its filname or id. Maybe httpcomponents-httpcore, -httpcore-ab, etc. would be better but they are, of course, longer. (imho)

Those depicted in the tree are probably an acceptable trade-off.

Michael