Hi Dev,

After replacing the while loop in the ChunkEncorder [1] with a if
statement, we were able to solve the thread spinning issue. However, we
couldn't figure out the root cause that makes the while loop spin forever.
While doing a code inspection, we could see the below code segment.

if (avail > 0) {
    if (avail < chunk) {
        // write no more than 'avail' bytes
        chunk = avail;
        this.lineBuffer.clear();
        this.lineBuffer.append(Integer.toHexString(chunk));
        this.buffer.writeLine(this.lineBuffer);
        final int oldlimit = src.limit();
        src.limit(src.position() + chunk);
        this.buffer.write(src);
        src.limit(oldlimit);
    } else {
        // write all
        this.lineBuffer.clear();
        this.lineBuffer.append(Integer.toHexString(chunk));
        this.buffer.writeLine(this.lineBuffer);
        this.buffer.write(src);
    }
    this.lineBuffer.clear();
    this.buffer.writeLine(this.lineBuffer);
    total += chunk;
}
if (this.buffer.length() >= this.fragHint || src.hasRemaining()) {
    final int bytesWritten = flushToChannel();
    if (bytesWritten == 0) {
        break;
    }
}

In the above code segment if *avail* is less that 0, we execute the below
code segment.

if (this.buffer.length() >= this.fragHint || src.hasRemaining()) {
    final int bytesWritten = flushToChannel();
    if (bytesWritten == 0) {
        break;
    }
}

Now, suppose *src.hasRemainning() *returns true, then it tries to flush the
data to the channel.

But, Do we need to do that ?

The reason being if *avail *is less than 0, that means buffer doesn't have
new data to write to the channel. But above code segment still tries to
write data even if *avail *is less than 0.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.3.3/httpcore-nio/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/nio/codecs/ChunkEncoder.java