Am 2017-05-15 um 20:22 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
On Mon, 2017-05-15 at 20:13 +0200, Michael Osipov wrote:
Am 2017-05-15 um 19:35 schrieb Gary Gregory:
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.or

Which of the paths should we pick:
https://makandracards.com/makandra/527-squash-several-git-commits-i
nto-a-single-commit
The second option sounds like error prone busy work :-(

The second is the way to go. It is not errorprone. I have been doing
this for years. It just works. As soon as you get used to it, it'll
feel
very natural. The only thing you need to remember to keep your
branch
updated with your target branch.

This should be up to RM, though I strongly feel rebase off the release
branch (the second option) is the only way.

I can be only way because the first option indicates that a issue branch committer is allowed to push to a release branch. I'd expect *you* to merge a single, clean branch.