Am 2017-05-22 um 20:29 schrieb Gary Gregory:
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
wrote:

Am 2017-05-22 um 06:46 schrieb Gary Gregory:

I will follow whatever the community decides; my only request is that
precise git instructions be provided for contributors and RMs. I'm sure
Oleg does not need them, but I'd like to get releases sooner perhaps so I
might give RMing a go if there a bug fix I just must have ASAP.

On what do you exact Git steps? How to squash/rewrite? On a release? Maven
Release Plugin does that for you

I would expect to see Git instructions so that contributors using Apache
Git or GitHub can provide a branch or PR that meets the cleanliness
standard you all expect.

This is actually described in point 1, 3, and 5. I don't see reason to repeat stackoverflow questions or the Git Book.

If you are not firm with Git yet a lot of answers can be found on stackoverflow or simply as a fellow committer.