On Feb 2, 2018 06:21, "Oleg Kalnichevski" <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

On Fri, 2018-02-02 at 13:04 +0100, Alberto Requena wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are intended to use the httpclient library in one of our projects,
> which
> needs to send HTTP/2 requests to Apple's APNs.
>
> Is there a roadmap of the httpclient library somewhere, so that we
> can
> foresee and plan realistic estimations?

Well, there is one but it has not been updated for months and is now
completely useless.
https://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpComponentsRoadmap

I'll remove it shortly.

HttpClient 5.0 is feature complete as far as I am concerned. I do not
intent to add any more features to it unless some people need something
really bad and are willing to contribute code or help testing.

I have no intention of repeating the same mistake as with HC 4.0 GA
release. I would like to keep HC 5.0 BETA for a considerable period of
time.

5.0 Roadmap: long, long BETA testing phase.

+1 to a long beta.

Gary

Oleg