Am 2018-04-06 um 18:19 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
On Fri, 2018-04-06 at 10:02 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:
Hi All:

I have cases where I want to use a Set of
org.apache.http.NameValuePair
instead of a list of NameValuePair (to track what headers I need to
remove
for example.).

But, since NameValuePair  does not specify equals() and hashCode() it
feels
like I am using an undocumented feature of the implementation of
Basic
NameValuePair.

Adding these two method would tell call sites: Yes, you can use
NameValuePair
in a Set, Map, and so on. This assumes that all implementation
already
support the two methods... so if a 3rd party does not, the changes
are
misleading.

Thought?

Gary

I am not sure I understand. NameValuePair is an interface, is it not?
It cannot implement #equals and #hashCode. Besides we are back to the
same fundamental question: what constitutes equality of two HTTP
headers if we are to mandate Header to implement #equals and #hashCode.

Correct!