Am 2020-02-14 um 14:46 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 14:22 +0100, Michael Osipov wrote:
Am 2020-02-14 um 11:02 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
Folks

Up to this point HttpClient of all versions use infinite connection
keep-alive period unless explicitly instructed by the origin server
do otherwise. That can lead to connections going stale while kept-
alive
in the connection pool (subject to the stale connection check if
activated). While I/O errors due to a stale connection are pretty
much
inevitable they can be reduced by using a finite keep-alive period
by
default. I chose 1 minute to be the default. Please let me know if
you
disagree.

This topic is highly subjective. It is really hard to make this
decision
and what default value has to chosen.

I'd add two points to the discussion:
* I shouldn't make any assumptions about a client's environment
whether
their connections are reliable or not
* A sane default from my POV should be 3 to 5 minutes, like most
NATs
drop connections after 5 min. 1 minute seems too low, imho.

I am neutral on the change itself, but see the default value too low.

Would increasing the default to 3 minutes be all right with you?

Yes