On Sun, 2021-11-28 at 16:46 +0100, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Am 2021-11-27 um 11:01 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:

> > > OK for me.

> > > Also OK for me also. I have explicitly disabled SPNEGO for Wagon
> > > some
> > > time ago. It simply did not make any sense.

> > >       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > >       This contradicts the option still to explicitly enable to
> > > providers.
> > > Did you mistype?
> > >

> > Hi Michael
> >

> > What I propose is that the support for connection state tracking be
> > removed in 5.3. It is an extra security mechanism presently used by
> > NTLM only. It adds a lot of otherwise unnecessary complexity to the
> > connection pooling logic and the APIs. I would like to get rid of
> > it
> > sooner.
>
> I see, I am completely unaware of this code, frankly. But when this
> is
> removed, how is the NTLM scheme going to work at all?

This is about pooling of authenticated (stateful) connections, not
about authentication. NTLM handshake will work as before but the
connection manager will no longer take NTLM state into account. The
users will have to decide whether or not they want different users to
share the same pool of NTLM connections. HttpClient will no longer do
that for them.

> It requires
> connection tracking for sure. Sorry for playing stupid, but you code
> knodledge is magnitudes apart from me.
> I hope that the curent NTLM module is explicitly excluded from
> HTTP/2
> because it is not compatible with concurrent streams on one TCP
> connection. See
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/get-started/whats-new-in-iis-10/http2-on-iis#when-is-http2-not-supported

Presently we do not. One more reason to disable NTLM by default.

> Will you prepare a PR for this somehwere next year?

I surely will.

Oleg