arturobernalg commented on PR #713:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-core/pull/713#issuecomment-5956138168

   > @arturobernalg I am honestly not sure I understand the problem you are 
trying to solve here. What is the problem with the setting value being 
represented by signed int? What is important that for any kind of arithmetic 
operations it need to be converted to long with Integer#toUnsignedLong 
   > 
   > 
   
   @ok2c I conflated the signed representation with the unsigned 
interpretation; I’ll keep the raw 32-bit value as int and only use 
Integer.toUnsignedLong where numeric comparison or arithmetic is required.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to