For your issue,

1) how do I specify full auto mode using ./helix-admin.sh command? I don't
see mode parameter (may be am I missing something?)
You need -mode FULL_AUTO to let the resource be automatically assigned by
Helix with out your preference list.

2) Is there a way to specify delay for state transition using
./helix-admin.sh ?
Delay state transitions only when you using delay rebalancer. As I replied
your last email, firstly you need to set delay time in ClusterConfig. Then
you need to change your rebalancer to be DelayedRebalancer class in your
ideal state. You need to get your ideal state and change the field and
update to ZK. Command line helix admin does not support it.

3) I tried other combination of 6 partitions with 3 replicas. Initially
Ideal State and External view client looks same. but after some time node
8086 showing offline state for some partitions. But surprisingly I don't
see any logs in my state transitions model class from any transitions to
offline. what could be the issue on why call backs are missing?
You need to check your controller logs to see whether there is a state
transition message for SLAVE -> OFFLINE sent to that 8086 participant. Then
try to figure out why the message is sent.
If you dont find the message, it means your participant encounter network
outage or instance is down or something cause ZK lost connection.

Your participant is not blocking call for start. It will be finished as
your function finishes. You can follow our MockParticipant code:
https://github.com/apache/helix/blob/master/helix-core/src/test/java/org/apache/helix/integration/manager/MockParticipantManager.java

Best,

Junkai