It might be possible to extend and modify the HiveMetaHook interface.
But, I think keeping them separate is better because MetaHook and
MetaStoreListener are interfaces for two different functionalities.
MetaHook is for communicating with external system if there is a need
for it. MetaStoreListener observe changes on metastore and run some
logic in response to those changes. What do you think?

Ashutosh