Hi Folks,

We've cleared all the blockers listed for 1.2.0 release, either
committing them, or deferring out to an eventual 1.2.1 stabilization
release. (Any deferrals were a result of discussion between myself and
the committer responsible for the issue.) More details are available
here : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+1.2+Release+Status

Apache Hive 1.2.0 Release Candidate 5 is available here:

https://people.apache.org/~khorgath/releases/1.2.0_RC5/artifacts/

My public key used for signing is as available from the hive
committers key list : http://www.apache.org/dist/hive/KEYS

Maven artifacts are available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehive-1039

Source tag for RC5 is up on the apache git repo as tag
"release-1.2.0-rc5" (Browseable view over at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hive.git;a=tag;h=76b90268084f529852396302884297b3c22fcf00
)

Since this has minimal changes from the previous RC, I would further
request that this vote conclude in 20 hours(which is past the 72 hr
time from the previous RC announcement) if we have enough +1s in the
meanwhile.

Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.

Thanks,
-Sushanth