We had an earlier discussion in email thread about how having to
request to be a contributor to be able to assign themselves a jira is
an unnecessary bureaucratic step. The way I had made that change was
to add jira-users to contributors list. I think that change must have
been reverted because of the spam issues we have been having in jira.

The better way to grant the permissions would be to use JIRA
permissions page, but I don't see a way to do that. I will get in
touch with INFRA if they can grant the necessary privilges to jira
admins to be able to do so.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ashutosh!
>
> Checked, and OK.
>
> Peter
>
>> On Jun 16, 2016, at 4:24 PM, Ashutosh Chauhan <hashut...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>> I have added you in a contributor list. Now it should be possible for you
>> to assign jira to yourself.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ashutosh
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:22 PM, Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the fast answer.
>>> Who should I ask to add me as a contributor? 6 days ago I sent here a
>>> request, but have not got any reply.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Péter