Thanks Sergio. The branch we want to do test on is “hive-14535”. Appreciate
your help!

Thanks,
Wei

From: Sergio Pena <sergio.p...@cloudera.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 13:15
To: Wei Zheng <wzh...@hortonworks.com>
Cc: "dev@hive.apache.org" <dev@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Precommit test on a feature branch

There are 2 ways:

A) Execute a jenkins job manually, and specify the branch to test (Note: You
need Jenkins user/pass to do it):
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hive/job/HIVE-Branch-Test/

B) Create a JIRA (it can be a Task jira) where you can attach a patch that
tells Jenkins to trigger tests in a specific branch:
For instance, HIVE-XXXX-branch-1.patch    (The patch can have a small change
enough to trigger a build)

For both options, we must have a properties file on the hiveptest server for
such specific branch.
Currently, we have the following properties: branch-1.2-mr2.properties
branch-1-mr2.properties  branch-2.1-mr2.properties  master-mr2.properties
spark-mr2.properties

We're working on making this easier, for for now we need to do the last piece
manually.

What branch do you want to execute? I can create the properties file on the
server.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Wei Zheng